Please note that the below warranty is an example and is subject to change depending upon product and/or the addition of our extended warranty
Installation Warranty: 1 year unless stated
We guarantee all the work for you for one year against any faults due to incorrect installation and product failure. In respect of this, if a problem occurs we will respond within 72 hours to explore the issue in hand and rectify accordingly once liability has been claimed. The guarantee does not cover damage or accidents caused by you or third parties. If you do have any minor imperfections or damage the flooring in any way we will be happy to assist you in rectifying the problem at an extra cost.
The Wood Floor Company warrants that the products as listed above are free from defects caused by manufacture or faulty material.
The WARRANTY is limited to the product being used for its intended purpose, applied / installed and maintained in line with the manufacturer’s strict instructions. The WARRANTY described below is given from the date of original purchase and is not transferable.
"INSTALLATION IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE"
NO WARRANTY WILL BE OFFERED FOR APPEARANCE RELATED CLAIMS ONCE THE PRODUCT IS INSTALLED.
The nominated party “owner, installer or representative” takes ownership and has final responsibility to ensure that they have received the correct species and finish and grade that was selected in store.
STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WARRANTY
The Wood Floor Company warrants its products, in their original manufactured condition, to be free from structural defects for the periods as outlined above for each floor supplied and installed. Wood flooring, being a natural hygroscopic product will expand and contract through heating and non-heating seasons.
During these seasons you may experience some separation between the boards. This is not a product defect and is not covered by this WARRANTY. Correct job site pre-inspection, installation and maintenance procedures must be followed. Failure caused by excessive expansion of the flooring, excessive subfloor moisture and / or water damage, including but not limited to broken water pipes or flooding, are not covered under this WARRANTY
1) The Wood Floor Company promises to investigate each complaint on individual merit. Provided that the complaint is solely attributable to a manufacturing fault and the correct fitting instructions and maintenance of the boards have been fully adhered to.
2) Colour variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
3) Natural occurring wood characteristics such as variations in grain, colour, knots, mineral streaks, and sap wood are not considered defects.
4) The ultraviolet rays that can burn and age our skin will affect any organic material, including wood. Prolonged exposure to sunlight will change the colour of virtually any wood floor, regardless of the stain or finish. Some woods lighten when exposed to sunlight. Others, like cherry and oak, tend to darken. This is not a product defect.
5) Your flooring requires maintenance. Please follow the instructions provided.
6) The ingress of sand and or dust on to the floor should be prevented by installing a suitable mat by the entrance door(s).
7) Liability arising from this WARRANTY is restricted to hidden defects. These are defects that were not visible before or during the installation of the floor.
8) The WARRANTY can only be invoked if the surface wear layer area damaged for each board is greater than 1 sq.cm. Lacquer / Oil / HPPC wear is not classed as surface damage as this represents additional protection and is subject to correct maintenance practices / periodic re-application.
9) The surface wear layer represents additional protection to the timber and is not a structural element therefore subject to a 12mth WARRANTY
10) The Wood Floor Company reserves the right, and must be offered the opportunity to inspect the complaint in situ and, where applicable, to inspect the floor in its installed condition.
Any of the following shall void and invalidate our WARRANTY
1) Damage due to moisture including but not limited to, leaking pipes, incorrect maintenance, excessive moisture in subfloor or humidity, or likewise by conditions that are too dry.
2) This WARRANTY does not cover damage caused by settling or uneven subfloors outside the scope of our installation.
3) Incorrect installations, done in a way that is contrary to the instructions provided.
4) Improper Maintenance or Inadequate Care.
5) This WARRANTY does not cover damage resulting from accidents or abuses that stain or scratch the finish of wood flooring, diminish gloss, or indent the surface of the wood. It also does not cover damage caused by heavy or concentrated foot traffic, damage by pet's claws (nails), sand, gravel and other abrasives.
6) A stiletto heal can concentrate as much as 2,000 pounds per square inch on the floor. Walking on any wood surface with stiletto heels will cause indentations which are not covered by the WARRANTY.
7) Under this WARRANTY liability excludes any consequential or incidental occurrences that may arise from any claim and is strictly limited to the replacement of the affected flooring. By this we mean we will not pay for any loss, expense, inconvenience or damage other than to the affected wood floor itself.
Should you feel that you have to make a claim, you should contact us as soon as the complaint is noticed by calling 01325 952239 or by emailing email@example.com