We (The Wood Floor Company) warrant that the products sold are free from defects caused by manufacture or faulty material.
A product WARRANTY is limited to the product being used for its intended purpose, applied / installed and maintained in line with the manufacturer’s strict instructions. The WARRANTY description below is provided as a guide and is generic. Should you wish to receive your detailed manufacturer’s warranty prior to or after purchase please contact us at email@example.com
“INSTALLATION IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE”
NO WARRANTY WILL BE OFFERED FOR APPEARANCE RELATED CLAIMS ONCE THE PRODUCT IS INSTALLED.
The nominated party “owner, installer or representative” takes ownership and has final responsibility to ensure that they have received the correct species, finish and grade that was selected in store or online.
STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WARRANTY
The Wood Floor Company warrants all products, in their original manufactured condition, to be free from structural defects for the periods as outlined by each manufacturer.
During the seasons you may experience some separation between the boards. This is not a product defect and is not covered by any WARRANTY. Correct job site pre-inspection, installation and maintenance procedures must be followed. Failure caused by excessive expansion of the flooring, excessive subfloor moisture and / or water damage, including but not limited to broken water pipes or flooding, are not covered under any WARRANTY.
- We promise to investigate each complaint on individual merit. Provided that the complaint is solely attributable to a manufacturing fault and the correct fitting instructions and maintenance of the boards have been fully adhered to.
- The ultraviolet rays that can burn and age our skin will affect any organic material, including wood and laminate surfaces. Prolonged exposure to sunlight will change the colour of virtually any WOOD OR LAMINATE floor, regardless of the finish. This is not a product defect.
- Your flooring requires maintenance. Please follow the instructions provided.
- The ingress of sand and or dust on to the floor should be prevented by installing a suitable mat by the entrance door(s).
- We reserve the right, and must be offered the opportunity to inspect the complaint in situ and, where applicable, to inspect the floor in its installed condition.
Any of the following shall void and invalidate any WARRANTY
- Damage due to moisture including but not limited to, leaking pipes, incorrect maintenance, excessive moisture in subfloor or humidity, or likewise by conditions that are too dry.
- Damage caused by settling or uneven subfloors.
- Incorrect installation, done in a way that is contrary to the instructions provided.
- Improper Maintenance or Inadequate Care.
- Damage resulting from accidents or abuses that stain or scratch the finish of your flooring, diminish gloss, or indent the surface. It also does not cover damage caused by heavy or concentrated foot traffic, damage by pet’s claws (nails), sand, gravel and other abrasives.
- A stiletto heal can concentrate as much as 2,000 pounds per square inch on the floor. Walking on any wood or laminate surface with stiletto heels will cause indentations which are not covered by any WARRANTY.
- All warranties provided excludes any consequential or incidental occurrences that may arise from any claim and is strictly limited to the replacement of the affected flooring. By this we mean we will not pay for any loss, expense, inconvenience or damage other than to the affected floor itself.
Should you feel that you have to make a claim, you should contact us as soon as the complaint is noticed by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01325 952329.